- Thumb-body loves you! This super easy Valentine is a great candy-less option. It is also an easy creative activity to make with your Kiddo.
- Colored paper
- Ink pad [pink, red, Or other Valentine related colors]
- Black writing utensil [marker, Crayon, Pen, Or if you’re feeling brave sharpie]
- Cut your colored paper into squares. These wares can have simple straight edges or you can make a fun border around them.
- Using a thumbprint, Create two little “bodies” on the square.
- Using your black utensil add eyes no hands and feet to the thumb bodies.
- Either at the top or bottom of the square, write “Thumb-Body [Draw a heart] You!”
- Valentine cookie sticks. These fun cookies are simple to package and fun to eat. They’re also easy to make and your kiddos will love to decorate them.
- Wafer cookies [Flavor of your choice]
- Melting chocolate[White chocolate, or whatever color would fit best]
- Small accessory candy[sprinkles, heart-shaped sprinkles, coconut, etc.]
- Parchment paper
- Small plastic treat bags
- Valentine colored ribbon[Anything similar to tie the bag closed]
- Melt your chocolate based on package directions.
- While chocolate is melting, layout parchment paper and arrange all sprinkles/candy.
- Once the chocolate is melted and ready to go, start by dipping a wafer cookie in the chocolate.You only need to dip the cookie in the chocolate about a third to half of the way.
- Now here comes the fun part, once you get the wafer cookie dipped in chocolate, roll the dipped portion of the cookie in the sprinkles/candy you like.
- Once you’ve sufficiently decorated your cookie, lay on the parchment paper and allow to cool
- Once you decorated all of your cookies and they’ve cooled, you can package them up in the small treat bags. I used Valentine colored ribbon to tie the bags together; but you can use whatever works best for you.
- Valentine trail mix. We all like trail mix, but let’s be honest are favorite part is the sweet part. This simple Valentine trail mix is perfect; it’s mostly all sweet. Did I mention it’s easy to make?
- Air popped popcorn [Or packaged popcorn with no topping]
- White melting chocolate
- Valentine colored M&Ms
- Parchment paper
- Small plastic treat bags bags
- Valentine colored ribbon [Anything that could be used to tie the cellophane bags closed]
- Pop your popcorn and set to the side.
- Melt the chocolate according to the instructions.
- Once you’ve got the popcorn and chocolate ready, it’s time to start the mixing.You can mix the ingredients together in a bowl or on the parchment paper; whatever works best for you.
- Start by folding the chocolate over the popcorn.
- Once the popcorn is sufficiently coated; toss in the M&Ms.
- You want to be sure to lay out the popcorn to provided the chocolate sufficient time to cool.
- Once everything is set-up, now is the time to put your Valentine trail mix into the small treat bags and tie shut.
I love Nest of Posies’s here.